I’ll follow up Xial’s question about being motivated to level with a how-to article on how I do it. Of course, one of my biggest motivators now, is to continue with blogging content by playing. If I don’t play, I don’t have anything to write about on this blog. Plain and simple. Another blog-related motivation is to see how I compare to Joana’s leveling skills. I’d really like to get a toon to 60 in under 6 days.
Now for some easy goals to keep up your pace:
- Look for loot/rewards that you can get at certain levels and make that a goal. A good example would be armor sets that have their various pieces at different levels. If you can just get to the next level, you can put on the next piece. That is one of my current goals as a level 64, to be able to wear the next piece of Netherweave armor.
- Research what skills are available at levels a little further, especially if you are over level 40 and have already made the “get a mount” goal. For my paladin, Paladr, I know there are some stinking awesome spells coming at level 30, and as soon as Huntr gets his mount, Paladr is going to race to level 30.
- Find people that play as much as you do and race to level. Better yet, start a guild and try to stay in the lead. 🙂
- Track your time /played and see if you can keep up with me. I have tracked time as a hunter and a mage so far.
- Find a mob, preferrably an Elite, that you want to take down and make it your goal to do it as soon as possible. I can’t wait to kick King Bag’s tail.