I spent my time in the library at school using Photoshop and creating those cool custom images for the top posts and getting everything work correctly enough to go live on it for the evening. Evening turned to night, and I believe it is working good enough to leave up while the small improvements trickle in. Here are my favorite features:
- A customized image on the home page for any post I want to display there.
- The ability to display the most popular articles with custom graphics to draw the eye to them.
- The speed of the code is phenomenal. My host has been running slowly and was down for some time on the East coast yesterday (bad GoDaddy!), so I’m looking into “fixing” that.
- It has the backbone for multiple authors and is a really good framework for a magazine style site that showcases all of the different categories. I’m going to do some category cleanup as a result.
- The text area is very wide, leaving plenty of room to work with text and images into a great-looking post. This will take a while to clean up articles taylored for a narrow format, but I’m not complaining.
This new theme will take a little time to get used to and some effort to convert some old content, but I really couldn’t be happier. Go check it out for yourself and drop Darren Hoyt a line in the comments if you like it.
I’m getting used to it but I kinda liked the Black background of the old, but it does look good.
I’m still working on planning out the rest of the look. This is still very much out of the box and hasn’t quite been Gitr-ized.
Thanks for dropping a line.
DM Osbon says
I can see where you are going with this theme…like it but I agree with Lance I prefer dark backgrounds…
Feedback noted. I’ll be implementing the new colors as I have time. Thanks guys.
UM…I came here looking for Gitr….,,,oh right, time for another Gitr Theme Changes. Shoulda realized it was comming soon.
I third the dark colors. It helps keep it anonnymous to outside viewers at the work.
I’m sensing a trend…
black background, dark background, dark colors…
You guys are… DARK! Ok, I promise I’ll do it as soon as I get Paladr to 40. He’s at 65% now. We have all day planned out tomorrow, but I should for sure get time late tonight and tomorrow to ding.
Ya, I like this theme a lot better. Good Work