Over two years in the making, Gitr has finally hit the level cap. He was the first of my toons to hit 60, which immediately led to getting keyed for Molton Core and raiding for a few weeks before the big /gkick of frustration. One year, 2 level 60+ alts, and a level 50 alt later, it’s decision time.
Am I still an alt-aholic?
My first answer is a resounding “YES!” However, if that is the case, why have I not logged into a single alt for a single minute since Sunday? I haven’t played an alt for more than 30 minutes while waiting for Gitr’s hearth cooldown since he transferred to Silvermoon in the middle of December. One month, 10 levels, and 2 thousand gold later, I’m left with a big figgin’ “Now what?”
I want to raid, I really do. I really miss the sense of accomplishment and camaraderie of a group of seasoned veterans who actually know how to play (as opposed to sucky PuGs [keyword: PuGs] who couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag). There is something to be said for banding together for a single purpose and getting phat loot along the way.
The problem with raiding is commitment.
No one can say I’m not committed to playing WoW, as I most certainly get my playing time in, much to the disregard of sleep and personal edification. What it does fall far behind is eating dinner and spending quality time with my wife and getting my school work done since college is so dang expensive. Those two priorities pretty much rule out positive commitments to raid on a specific raid night. Things happen that busy, responsible people must pay heed to rather than isolate themselves in front of the computer from 8:00-midnight on a specific night.
What does that leave me to do?
- Get yer dang flying mount, boy!
- Get yer dang epic flying mount, boy!
- Well, I can certainly be on backup for raid night on Fridays if they need a tank or a plate-wearing dps (I guess 20g for my next respec wouldn’t kill me).
- Rep rewards are looking mighty fine. epics for getting rep seems like a pretty good motivation to me.
- PvP rewards intrigue me and can be easily enough obtained without any kind of calendar commitment.
- Become uncrushable. There’s something about that feat that intrigues me.
What would you do?