I went to [tag]World of Warcraft[/tag]’s home page this morning to see about [tag]Patch 2.1.0[/tag] coming out, and was presented with this screen and link about [tag]Starcraft 2[/tag] coming out.
I am for sure going to buy the game. How about you?
Here are some goodies from the FAQ on the site:
- When is the game coming out?
- At this point, it’s too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.
- How will StarCraft II be different from StarCraft?
- StarCraft II will run on a vibrant new 3D-graphics engine that will be capable of rendering beautiful landscapes as well as massive individual units and army sizes.We’re also introducing a number of distinct new units to the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg, and even some of the familiar units that return in StarCraft II will have new tricks up their sleeves, which will give the game its own unique flavor.
In addition, Battle.net will be overhauled with some new and exciting features to enhance online play and competition, while the story-mode campaign will also offer some unique aspects for players who enjoy single-player content. We’ll have more details on all these aspects in the months to come.
- Will there be both single-player and multiplayer components?
- Yes, StarCraft II will include a unique story-mode campaign, as well as multiplayer capability over Battle.net. We’ll provide more detail on both of these aspects a little further along in the development process.