Since WoWace.com stopped working and pissed me off to no end, I found an alternative and got my addons updated in about 3 minutes from discovery to WoW loading up. It’s available for Mac (Leopard and Tiger), Linux, and Windows for free! Can’t beat that, and now I can start playing again. I’m 24 hours behind and ready to catch up.
I’ve had problems with Wowaceupdater even loading for months. Then I heard from PhiLogical this weekend that he was having the same problems. Due to a recent Windows blows issue that necessitated a fresh install of XP, I gave Wowaceupdater another try.
After the download started, it stopped. I tried to resume it, but it told me that it had already begun and couldn’t continue. So I deleted the temp folder it was creating and calling out as the issue several times, but it refused to try again.
Throwing my hands up in the air, I decided to Google for a Java-based updater, just on a whim. I found Jwowupdater at http://code.google.com/p/jwowupdater/ and I’ve never been happier with a little piece of software in my life. Not only does it download your Ace addons, but you can point it to the interface addon sites to download updates to non-Ace addons.
All you need is to have a semi-current Java installation from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and it will automatically link the .jar filetype for the updater to run with Java. The program’s interface is a bona-fide stupid-easy, but there is an excellent README included.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.